"The Alphabet Song" is a popular children's song in which the letters of the alphabet are sung to the tune of the French folk melody "Ah vous dirais-je, maman," more commonly known as the melody of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." "The Alphabet Song" has been performed countless times on School and the Backyard Gang. One of its most memorable renditions is by Bob, Anthony, Kelly, Maddie, Addie, and Steve in a Season 6 Episode.
- In an animated segment, 6 Girls sing the song with an offscreen voice giving their commands. This early clip was seen in the School and the Backyard Gang Pitch Reel and School and the Backyard Gang Test Show 1.
- David sings "The Alphabet Song" in Episode 0298.
- Jim Nabors sang the song on School and the Backyard Gang. (EKA: Episode 0301)
- In an animated segment, a small piano player in a lunchbox sang this song, and was joined by two construction workers. (EKA: Episode 0560)
- Bobby McFerrin sang "The Alphabet Song" with a Yellow Rabbit Puppet, Caroline and the Kids on School and the Backyard Gang. (EKA: Episode 2342)
- Lena Horne (EKA: Episode 0600)
- George Benson sang the song on School and the Backyard Gang. (EKA: Episode 2423)
- Ludwig Van Beaktoven (Played by Anthony) is trying to compose "The Alphabet Song," but he can't find the End of the Song. Bantam of the Opera (Played by Steve) suggests he try a new angle and the result is "the Number Song".
- Billy Joel
- Samuel Ramey appeared and sang an operatic version of the song.
- A classical arrangement was sung by an operatic group of Kids
- The BYG Members (sans Lexine)